First, choose your class period
Then take a look at our presentations below
However, you'll need to return on Jan 21, 2020 to proceed with the registration process.
Constructing the Future of DFW
A peek into the world of managing multi-million dollar construction projects in DFW.
SpeakerCourtney Kelly, P.E.
*Seven-year construction management professional *Attended SMU, obtaining undergraduate degrees in Civil Engineering and Math, and a graduate degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in structures *Worked on construction projects for DFW and Love Field Airports, NTTA, and TxDOT *Became a Licensed Professional Engineer in 2016
Controls Engineer/Project Manager Oscar Renda Contracting
Digital Transformation in Oil and Gas
Woodson will discuss how the digital transformation, specifically cloud native technology, machine learning and artificial intelligence, will impact the role of oil and gas professionals in the near future.
*Bachelor's Degree in Geology from Sam Houston State University, was recruited/hired by Halliburton right out of college *Worked in a variety of roles throughout 11 year career with Halliburton *Roles held: Software testing, product management, consulting services and technical sales. *Active member of several industry related organizations such as AAPG (American Association of Petroleum Geologist) and DFW executive member of PPDM (Professional Petroleum Data Management Association)
Geologist, Digital Transformation & AI Halliburton
New Advances in Surgery using the da Vinci Robotic System
New advances in robotic technology have allowed surgeons to perform, and patients to undergo difficult procedures in a minimally invasive way. Students will have an opportunity for a hands on experience with the da Vinci Surgical Robot.
SpeakerRichard Salter, MD
- Attended Abilene Christian University, graduated 1983
- Attended Texas Tech University Medical School, graduated 1988
- Internship and Residency at University of Kentucky, completed 1992
- Specialized practice in Ob-Gyn in Dallas for 25years, started Advanced Ob-Gyn Associaites in 2008
- Main interest is in minimally invasive and advanced gynecologic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical robotic system.
MD, Ob-Gyn Advanced Ob-Gyn Associates
Outbreak: Why You Really Can't Escape
I will describe recent local outbreaks and how it truly "takes a village" to prevent and respond to outbreaks of infectious diseases. Come learn about career options within the public health field.
SpeakerWendy Chung, MD
- Dallas County Health and Human Services, Chief Epidemiologist
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Physician
- BS—Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MS—Harvard School of Public Health
- MD—University of Texas HSC, San Antonio
Chief Epidemiologist Dallas County Health and Human Services
The Career of a Physician-Scientist
Medicine is undergoing a sea of change at many levels: changes in healthcare delivery, economics, biology and technology. Whereas these myriad changes we face can be daunting at first, there has never been a more exciting time to make the world a better place through science and medicine!
SpeakerJoseph Hill, MD, PhD
- Cardiologist-scientist whose research focuses on molecular mechanisms of remodeling in the stressed myocardium.
- Graduated with an MD, PhD from Duke University
- Pursued postdoctoral scientific training at the Institut Pasteur in Paris
- Clinical training in Internal Medicine and Cardiology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Faculty of the University of Iowa for 5 years
- Chief of Cardiology and Director of the Harry S. Moss Heart Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center since 2002
- Research focuses on deciphering mechanisms of structural, functional, and electrical remodeling in heart disease with an eye toward therapeutic intervention.
- Editor-in-Chief of the #1 cardiovascular journal Circulation
- Active clinical practice focusing on general cardiology, hypertension, and heart failure.
Professor of Medicine and Molecular Biology, Chief of Cardiology UT Southwestern Medical Center
The ER, Poisons and Crime Scenes--Stories from the "Front Line" of Medicine
This presentation will include stories and pictures from the ER at Parkland--our nation's busiest emergency department and medicine's "front line." Then learn how my journey in emergency medicine led me to study medical toxicology at the North Texas Poison Center and how I then developed a forensic toxicology practice testifying in Federal drug crime cases involving the opioid epidemic and in murder mysteries.
SpeakerStacey Hail, MD
Stacey L. Hail, MD, FACMT is an Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Medical Toxicology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. She currently serves as attending physician in the Parkland Hospital Emergency Department and the North Texas Poison Center. Dr. Hail received a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at Southern Methodist University in 1995. After receiving her Medical Degree at the Medical College of Georgia in 1999, she completed both her emergency medicine residency and medical toxicology fellowship at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Hail has a prolific forensic toxicology practice serving as an expert witness for attorneys throughout the United States. She has testified multiple times as a witness for the Department of Justice involving federal drug crimes due to the national opioid epidemic. Dr. Hail also has provided toxicology commentary for local and national news venues and for documentaries on the National Geographic channel, the BBC, and the Oxygen channel.
Parkland ER Doctor & Medical Toxicologist North Texas Poison Center
The Rapid Rise of Customer Success
Customer Success is a rapidly growing profession in the field of as-a-Service technologies. We'll explore what this is, and how it's evolving the way technology companies interact with their customers. We will also look at some of the innovative technologies driving change in the world today.
- For the last 9 years, Spencer has helped large corporations understand how and why to adopt cloud services. He coordinates with multiple teams to ensure that his customers are successful in their use of IBM Cloud.
- He also has led projects to better equip his extended team for success, such as building out an education program for a team of 100+ people worldwide.
- Spencer holds a BA in Biology from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. He would be happy to talk about how he used his liberal arts education to move into technology!
Cloud Platform Customer Success Manager IBM