First, choose your class period
Then take a look at our presentations below
However, you'll need to return on Jan 21, 2020 to proceed with the registration process.
Digital Fabrication at the atomic scale
Digital information technology changed your world; digital fabrication at the atomic scale will change it again. I will explain how and why you should consider being an engineer.
SpeakerJohn Randall, Ph. D.
- I am a card carrying Nano-Nerd with a PhD from the University of Houston, 38 years of Industrial experience making really small things, and 31 US patents
- I have worked for MIT's Lincoln Laboratory (4 years), Texas Instruments (15 years with 2 years in Belgium), and Zyvex as CTO, VP, and Pres (18 years)
- Zyvex Labs has a plot to rule the world with Atom by Atom Manufacturing and is working to heal the blind (Human Trials in 2020)
- I am addicted to computer programming, robotics, and playing Alto Sax
- I love my wife and kids
President Zyvex Labs
Making Patients Beautiful: Jaw Surgery w Dr Wolford
See shocking before and after photos of surgical patients.
SpeakerLarry Wolford, DMD
Adams-Summerhill high school, PA Univ of Pittsburgh Temple Dental School Private practice Baylor Hospital
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Baylor University Medical Center
New Advances in Surgery using the da Vinci Robotic System
New advances in robotic technology have allowed surgeons to perform, and patients to undergo difficult procedures in a minimally invasive way. Students will have an opportunity for a hands on experience with the da Vinci Surgical Robot.
SpeakerRichard Salter, MD
- Attended Abilene Christian University, graduated 1983
- Attended Texas Tech University Medical School, graduated 1988
- Internship and Residency at University of Kentucky, completed 1992
- Specialized practice in Ob-Gyn in Dallas for 25years, started Advanced Ob-Gyn Associaites in 2008
- Main interest is in minimally invasive and advanced gynecologic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical robotic system.
MD, Ob-Gyn Advanced Ob-Gyn Associates
Opportunities in petroleum engineering & unconventional oil and gas exploration
Opportunities in petroleum engineering & an overview of how unconventional oil and gas exploration works in the U.S.
Matador Resources from 2013 to Current - Incorporate all oil and gas disciplines (geology, reservoir, completions, land, legal, regulatory, accounting, midstream, exploration, A&D, etc) into comprehensive oil and gas development plans in a public company traded on the NYSE.
EnCana Oil & Gas from 2007 to 2013 - Various onshore unconventional oil and gas engineering including Reservoir, Completions, Drilling, Exploration and Business Development
Rowan - Offshore roustabout summer of 2005
Texas A&M - BS Petroleum Engineering in 2007
Highland Park High School in 2003
SVP - Reservoir Engineering & Senior Asset Manager Matador Resources
Product Development in Food & Beverages: A Food Scientist's View.
Considering a career at a Fortune 50 company? Come learn how science helps drive retail through a product development perspective.
SpeakerJonathan Licker, PhD
Works for Walmart at the global Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas developing frozen food for Walmart Private Brand across categories including Fruit, Smoothies, Juices, Single & Multi-serve meals, Ice Cream and Novelties.
Earned a PhD from Cornell University in Food Science & Flavor Chemistry.
Served on Cornell University advisory council since 2003-2018. Provides guidance for the food science department’s students, faculty, programs, and curriculum. .
Worked for PepsiCo in Research & Development in Plano, Texas for 19 years developing snacks for Frito-Lay and other global brands such as Lays, Doritos, Cheetos and Sunchips..
Senior Manager, Product Development. Private Brands Walmart
The Career of a Physician-Scientist
Medicine is undergoing a sea of change at many levels: changes in healthcare delivery, economics, biology and technology. Whereas these myriad changes we face can be daunting at first, there has never been a more exciting time to make the world a better place through science and medicine!
SpeakerJoseph Hill, MD, PhD
- Cardiologist-scientist whose research focuses on molecular mechanisms of remodeling in the stressed myocardium.
- Graduated with an MD, PhD from Duke University
- Pursued postdoctoral scientific training at the Institut Pasteur in Paris
- Clinical training in Internal Medicine and Cardiology at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Faculty of the University of Iowa for 5 years
- Chief of Cardiology and Director of the Harry S. Moss Heart Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center since 2002
- Research focuses on deciphering mechanisms of structural, functional, and electrical remodeling in heart disease with an eye toward therapeutic intervention.
- Editor-in-Chief of the #1 cardiovascular journal Circulation
- Active clinical practice focusing on general cardiology, hypertension, and heart failure.
Professor of Medicine and Molecular Biology, Chief of Cardiology UT Southwestern Medical Center
The Rapid Rise of Customer Success
Customer Success is a rapidly growing profession in the field of as-a-Service technologies. We'll explore what this is, and how it's evolving the way technology companies interact with their customers. We will also look at some of the innovative technologies driving change in the world today.
- For the last 9 years, Spencer has helped large corporations understand how and why to adopt cloud services. He coordinates with multiple teams to ensure that his customers are successful in their use of IBM Cloud.
- He also has led projects to better equip his extended team for success, such as building out an education program for a team of 100+ people worldwide.
- Spencer holds a BA in Biology from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. He would be happy to talk about how he used his liberal arts education to move into technology!
Cloud Platform Customer Success Manager IBM