First, choose your class period
Then take a look at our presentations below
Note, however, that enrollment ended on Nov 07, 2017.
Careers in Oil & Gas, Offshore Platforms, LNG Plants
I will discuss different types of engineering careers and the highlights of my career in LNG production and debottlenecking offshore platforms around the world.
SpeakerMarie Naklie McCoy
- Floating liquefied natural gas expert
- 45 years engineering experience, working in 20+ countries worldwide
- 28 years with Mobil Oil
- 17 years consulting in offshore & liquefied natural gas worldwide
- Married, 2 children
Chemical engineer, offshore platforms and liquefied natural gas Engineering Consultant, Stanford Consulting
Digital Fabrication at the atomic scale
Digital information technology changed your world; digital fabrication at the atomic scale will change it again. I will explain how and why you should consider being an engineer.
SpeakerJohn Randall, Ph. D.
- I am a card carrying Nano-Nerd with a PhD from the University of Houston, 33 years of Industrial experience making really small things, and 29 US patents
- I have worked for MIT's Lincoln Laboratory (4 years), Texas Instruments (15 years with 2 years in Belgium), and Zyvex as CTO, VP, and Pres (15 years)
- Zyvex Labs has a plot to rule the world with Atom by Atom Manufacturing and is working to heal the blind (Human Trials in 2017)
- I am addicted to computer programming, robotics, and playing Alto Sax
- I love my wife and kids
President Zyvex Labs
Emergency Room Medicine
Learn about the fast-paced field of Emergency Medicine from an ER doctor in your own neighborhood!
SpeakerMatt Bush, MD
How to Retire at 22
Instead of following a traditional path of becoming a doctor or lawyer, learn Christian's formula for building technology-based lifestyle businesses.
Christian went to college for free at SMU to study computer science and started making cool stuff instead of getting a job after graduating in 2013. His coding projects turned into a small software company that generated enough income for him to functionally retire, so he currently spends time traveling, rock climbing, making stuff, and teaching people (check out his 2011 TEDx talk, "You Should Learn to Program", on his website: http://christian.gen.co).
CEO Genco Cocoa Corp.
New Advances in Surgery using the da Vinci Robotic System
New advances in robotic technology have allowed surgeons to perform, and patients to undergo difficult procedures in a minimally invasive way. Students will have an opportunity for a hands on experience with the da Vinci Surgical Robot.
SpeakerRichard Salter, MD
- Attended Abilene Christian University, graduated 1983
- Attended Texas Tech University Medical School, graduated 1988
- Internship and Residency at University of Kentucky, completed 1992
- Specialized practice in Ob-Gyn in Dallas for 18 years, started Advanced Ob-Gyn Associaites in 2008
- Main interest is in minimally invasive and advanced gynecologic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical robotic system.
MD, Ob-Gyn Advanced Ob-Gyn Associates
The Art of Making Art . . . Is State of the Art
This presentation will focus on how "artists" use the scientific aspects of Sound, Lighting, Video, as well as other theatrical devices and technology to create great theatrical productions and live shows.
SpeakerH. Bart McGeehon
- Designed and Collaborated on the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games, Miss America Pageants, Beauty and the Beast, and Always . . Patsy Cline on Broadway
- Designed over 50 theatrical productions including such children's classics as The Cat in the Hat, The Little Mermaid, Ferdinand the Bull, 1000 Cranes, A Christmas Carol, Goodnight Moon, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Curious George, The Little Prince and Aladdin
- Designed and Stage Managed in regional, national touring companies & professional theatres all over the US, Canada & abroad
- Worked and collaborated with some of the nations leading playwrights including Robert Shennken (The Kentucky Cycle) and Arthur Kopit (The Phantom of the Opera)
- Recently designed the Award winning Uptown Players' production of Hedwig & the Angry Inch and Angels in America
Production Manager AT&T Performing Arts Center
The Unlimited Opportunities in the Nursing Profession
What you need to get a nursing degree, the many areas of nursing available, a day in the life of an ER nurse
SpeakerNancy Valant, RN
- 36years experience as a registered nurse
- Level 1 Trauma Unit
- Surgical ICU
- Plastic Surgery and Skincare
- Physical Rehabilitation
BSN, RN, CEN Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Art of Non-Conformity
Travel the world using software design to solve business problems in new and creative ways!
SpeakerKatherine Nelson Galke
Education * BA: Finance, TCU * BA: Economics, TCU * Honorary Masters Degree: Entrepreneurship, Chicago Booth
Skills and Capabilities * Marketing * Sales/Business Development * Community/Culture * Technology/Engineering/Project Management * Software Development *Technology Transformation * Communication/Team Building * Operational Improvement/Automation * Accounting/Finance * Enterprise Program Management
Credentials * Facilitator & Implementation Expert in * Agile Project Mamnagement * Agile Software Development * Lean Startup Methodology * Certified ScrumMAster * PMP Certification * ACM Certification * Certified Yoga Instructor (RYT500) * Facilitator & Implementation Expert for Program Management * Certified in Somatic Therapy * Certified as Yoga Therapist * TESOL Teaching Certification
Ms. Nelson Galke's wealth of business experience in the last 18 years has taken her around the world, working in 50 countries, to date.
Strategic Transformation Principal Thoughtworks
Engineers Make the World a Better Place
Engineering is a high-demand, high-paying career that needs people of diverse backgrounds to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Electrical Engineer with BS degree from Rice and MS degree from Duke
- Semiconductor design of chips that are the brains of cell phones, entertainment systems and communication systems.
- Worked at TI for 32 years and was elected as a Fellow, the highest level of Technical Staff
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), an international professional organization, and responsible for organizing conferences and workshops.
President Design Connect Create
Honey bee business. Bee removal. Pollination. Honey sales.
Owner - South Texas Apiaries LLC
Middle and High Scool Science Teacher - Orange Grove ISD Biology, AP Biology, 6th & 7th grade
Mud Engineer - Halliburton
Bs. Range and Wildlife Management - Texas A&M University Kingsville
M.Ed. Education Adminsitration - University of Texas at Arlington
Owner South Texas Apiaries LLC
Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Students attending this session will gain insight into career options in medicine, academic requirements and training timelines to be expected. Dr. Cooper will entertain and enlighten attendees with a review of of his lessons learned since attending HPHS and going on to a 30-year career in the field of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine.
SpeakerDan Cooper, MD
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon
- Senior Partner - The Carrell Clinic
- Head Team Physician - Dallas Cowboys Football
- US Consultant Team Physician - C. F. Real Madrid, La Liga, Spain
- Head Team Physician - Dallas Stars Hockey 1994-2010
- HPHS Alumnus
Orthopaedic Surgeon The Carrell Clinic / Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Outbreak: Why You Really Can't Escape
I will describe recent local outbreaks and how it truly "takes a village" to prevent and respond to outbreaks of infectious diseases. Come learn about career options within the public health field.
SpeakerWendy Chung, MD
- Dallas County Health and Human Services, Chief Epidemiologist
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Physician
- BS—Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MS—Harvard School of Public Health
- MD—University of Texas HSC, San Antonio
Chief Epidemiologist Dallas County Health and Human Services
Re-Designing the Nervous System
This talk will discuss new technologies being developed at UT Dallas to redesign and reorganize the human nervous system to treat neurological injury and disease.
SpeakerRobert Rennaker, Ph.D.
06/1988-06/19993 United States Marine Corps in 1988-1993; Deployed to Liberia, Desert Shield/Storm, and Yugoslavia. Awarded three meritorious masses, the Navy Good Conduct Medal, and the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal 01/1998-06/2002 Whitaker Ph.D. Fellow Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 1997-2002 Arizona State University: BSE, MS, Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering 08/2002-05/2009 Assistant Professor, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering & Center for Biomedical Engineering, University of Oklahoma 04/2009-Present Owner/CEO Vulintus, LLC 06/2009-08/2009 Associate Professor, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering & Center for Biomedical Engineering, University of Oklahoma 08/2009-2014 Associate Professor, Neuroscience, Brain and Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas at Dallas 08/2009-2014 Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering, Erik Johnson School of Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas 05/2012-Present Director of the Texas Biomedical Device Center, University of Texas at Dallas 06/2013-Present Department Head, Biomedical Engineering 08/2014-Present Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering, Erik Johnson School of Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas 09/2014-Present Full Professor, Bioengineering, Erik Johnson School of Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas 09/2014-Present CEO Optokinetix
Executive Director of the Texas Biomedical Device Center, Head of Bioengineering, TI Distinguished Chair in Bioengineering UT Dallas