First, choose your class period
Then take a look at our presentations below
However, you'll need to return on Jan 21, 2020 to proceed with the registration process.
Restoring eyesight using the most advanced bionic eye in the world at the size of a grain of rice
The presentation will explore how Nanotechnology allowed us to make the worlds smallest bioretinal implant that will restore eyesight of blind individuals. It will also explore the growing world of Nanotechnology and Microtechnology.
*COO @ Teliatry Inc to cure chronic disease like epilepsy, depression, anxiety, chronic pain, Spinal cord injury and more using minimally-invasive and non-invasive neuromodulation solutions including Brain-Machine interface. *Director of MEMS @ Nanoretina Inc. where he is the system architect for the smallest bionic eye in the world with a goal to restore eyesight for the blind. *Director of Micro and Biosystems @ Zyvex Labs with a vision to improve molecular diagnostics for detecting and curing disease. He is also head of mechanical design for Zyvex's nanotechnology initiative for atomically precise manufacturing. * Rahul's formal education includes degrees in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering from IIT, and University of Florida. * Rahul has also been adjunct professor at University of Texas at Arlington where he taught microsystems design to graduate students
COO Teliatry Inc.
A Scientist at PepsiCo Research and Development
An overview of the various roles a scientist can play at PepsiCo Research and Development, with emphasis on snack food research.
- 3 years of R&D with PepsiCo (Frito-Lay)
- BSc: Food Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- PhD: Food Science (Field of Study: Natural Plant Compound and their effects on Health), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Associate Principal Scientist PepsiCo
Digital Fabrication at the atomic scale
Digital information technology changed your world; digital fabrication at the atomic scale will change it again. I will explain how and why you should consider being an engineer.
SpeakerJohn Randall, Ph. D.
- I am a card carrying Nano-Nerd with a PhD from the University of Houston, 38 years of Industrial experience making really small things, and 31 US patents
- I have worked for MIT's Lincoln Laboratory (4 years), Texas Instruments (15 years with 2 years in Belgium), and Zyvex as CTO, VP, and Pres (18 years)
- Zyvex Labs has a plot to rule the world with Atom by Atom Manufacturing and is working to heal the blind (Human Trials in 2020)
- I am addicted to computer programming, robotics, and playing Alto Sax
- I love my wife and kids
President Zyvex Labs
New Advances in Surgery using the da Vinci Robotic System
New advances in robotic technology have allowed surgeons to perform, and patients to undergo difficult procedures in a minimally invasive way. Students will have an opportunity for a hands on experience with the da Vinci Surgical Robot.
SpeakerRichard Salter, MD
- Attended Abilene Christian University, graduated 1983
- Attended Texas Tech University Medical School, graduated 1988
- Internship and Residency at University of Kentucky, completed 1992
- Specialized practice in Ob-Gyn in Dallas for 25years, started Advanced Ob-Gyn Associaites in 2008
- Main interest is in minimally invasive and advanced gynecologic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical robotic system.
MD, Ob-Gyn Advanced Ob-Gyn Associates
The Science of Performance Nutrition - On the field, in the classroom!
Discover the nutritional science behind human performance, whether it's demonstrated in running faster on the court or scoring higher on the test.
SpeakerMeridan Zerner, MS, RDN, LD
- BS in broadcast journalism from Syracuse University
- MS Nutritional Science from Oklahoma University
- 30 years in fitness, nutrition and wellness
- Award winning dietitian for Cooper Clinic, Cooper Fitness Center, Cooper Corporate Solutions, etc. for >19 years
- Writer, media spokesperson, instructor, lecturer and marathoner!
Sports Dietitian (Science of Performance Nutrition) Cooper Clinic