First, choose your class period
Then take a look at our presentations below
However, you'll need to return on Jan 21, 2020 to proceed with the registration process.
A Scientist at PepsiCo Research and Development
An overview of the various roles a scientist can play at PepsiCo Research and Development, with emphasis on snack food research.
- 3 years of R&D with PepsiCo (Frito-Lay)
- BSc: Food Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- PhD: Food Science (Field of Study: Natural Plant Compound and their effects on Health), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Associate Principal Scientist PepsiCo
Digital Fabrication at the atomic scale
Digital information technology changed your world; digital fabrication at the atomic scale will change it again. I will explain how and why you should consider being an engineer.
SpeakerJohn Randall, Ph. D.
- I am a card carrying Nano-Nerd with a PhD from the University of Houston, 38 years of Industrial experience making really small things, and 31 US patents
- I have worked for MIT's Lincoln Laboratory (4 years), Texas Instruments (15 years with 2 years in Belgium), and Zyvex as CTO, VP, and Pres (18 years)
- Zyvex Labs has a plot to rule the world with Atom by Atom Manufacturing and is working to heal the blind (Human Trials in 2020)
- I am addicted to computer programming, robotics, and playing Alto Sax
- I love my wife and kids
President Zyvex Labs
Fiber Optic Communications
State-of-the-art optical communications and its key building blocks will be described.
SpeakerSalam Elahmadi, Ph.D.
• Hands-on entrepreneur and executive with strong project management and a cross-disciplinary background that includes signal processing, fiber optic communication, RF design, and mixed-signal IC design. • Successfully launched industry-first telecom products enabling multi-million-dollar yearly revenues • Over 16 years of experience in System Design, Test, and Deployment of wireless, wireline, and optical communications systems • Author of numerous granted patents and peer-reviewed publications. • Invited speaker to technical events & conferences • Ph.D. EE
Founder & CTO Menara Networks
Making Patients Beautiful: Jaw Surgery w Dr Wolford
See shocking before and after photos of surgical patients.
SpeakerLarry Wolford, DMD
Adams-Summerhill high school, PA Univ of Pittsburgh Temple Dental School Private practice Baylor Hospital
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Baylor University Medical Center
New Advances in Surgery using the da Vinci Robotic System
New advances in robotic technology have allowed surgeons to perform, and patients to undergo difficult procedures in a minimally invasive way. Students will have an opportunity for a hands on experience with the da Vinci Surgical Robot.
SpeakerRichard Salter, MD
- Attended Abilene Christian University, graduated 1983
- Attended Texas Tech University Medical School, graduated 1988
- Internship and Residency at University of Kentucky, completed 1992
- Specialized practice in Ob-Gyn in Dallas for 25years, started Advanced Ob-Gyn Associaites in 2008
- Main interest is in minimally invasive and advanced gynecologic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical robotic system.
MD, Ob-Gyn Advanced Ob-Gyn Associates
Opportunities in petroleum engineering & unconventional oil and gas exploration
Opportunities in petroleum engineering & an overview of how unconventional oil and gas exploration works in the U.S.
Matador Resources from 2013 to Current - Incorporate all oil and gas disciplines (geology, reservoir, completions, land, legal, regulatory, accounting, midstream, exploration, A&D, etc) into comprehensive oil and gas development plans in a public company traded on the NYSE.
EnCana Oil & Gas from 2007 to 2013 - Various onshore unconventional oil and gas engineering including Reservoir, Completions, Drilling, Exploration and Business Development
Rowan - Offshore roustabout summer of 2005
Texas A&M - BS Petroleum Engineering in 2007
Highland Park High School in 2003
SVP - Reservoir Engineering & Senior Asset Manager Matador Resources
Product Development in Food & Beverages: A Food Scientist's View.
Considering a career at a Fortune 50 company? Come learn how science helps drive retail through a product development perspective.
SpeakerJonathan Licker, PhD
Works for Walmart at the global Home Office in Bentonville, Arkansas developing frozen food for Walmart Private Brand across categories including Fruit, Smoothies, Juices, Single & Multi-serve meals, Ice Cream and Novelties.
Earned a PhD from Cornell University in Food Science & Flavor Chemistry.
Served on Cornell University advisory council since 2003-2018. Provides guidance for the food science department’s students, faculty, programs, and curriculum. .
Worked for PepsiCo in Research & Development in Plano, Texas for 19 years developing snacks for Frito-Lay and other global brands such as Lays, Doritos, Cheetos and Sunchips..
Senior Manager, Product Development. Private Brands Walmart