First, choose your class period
Then take a look at our presentations below
Note, however, that enrollment ended on Oct 28, 2016.
The Diversity of Talent Needed in the Tech Industry
A career in tech means you need to be in front of a computer coding 12 hours a day, drinking Jolt cola and eating last night's left over pizza right? While there's certainly room for that demographic, I hope to provide an insight into the wide diversity of talent and roles that the high tech industry demands today.
- Currently working as an Iteration Manager in the software delivery arm of ThoughtWorks, US Southwest region
- BA from University of Arizona in Economics and French, Masters in International Business
- Moved to NY after college to join the renewable energy industry, moved to the technology industry in 96
- Started technology career as a business analyst and have since extended my backgrount to analysis, project management & consulting
- Passionate about the intersection between technology, social justice and renewable energy
Lead Consultant Thoughtworks
Can you hear me now? Enabling Human to Machine Conversations
Have you ever interacted with the Iphone’s Siri or used noise-cancelling headphones? Come learn how an Electrical Engineering education can prepare you to develop these technologies.
SpeakerDevangi Parikh, Ph.D.
- B.E. from Gujarat University, India, in 2006; M.S. and Ph.D. from Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, in 2008 and 2012 respectively.
- Currently working as a Systems Engineer in the Machine Learning Lab at Texas Instruments. Developing applications that can be implemented on the semiconductor chips made at TI.
- Outside of work, enjoys running, yoga, cooking, eating, and travelling
Systems Engineer Texas Instruments
Careers in Computer Science
Learn about the amazing and diverse career opportunities in Computer Science.
- BS in Industrial Engineering - Texas A&M; MBA - SMU
- Co-founder of Source Media in 1988, a NASDAQ traded company
- Co-founder of MultiView in 2000, a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus
- MultiView is a digital marketing company specializing in the B2B space
Chairman and CEO MultiView, Inc.
New Advances in Surgery using the da Vinci Robotic System
New advances in robotic technology have allowed surgeons to perform, and patients to undergo difficult procedures in a minimally invasive way. Students will have an opportunity for a hands on experience with the da Vinci Surgical Robot.
SpeakerRichard Salter, MD
- Attended Abilene Christian University, graduated 1983
- Attended Texas Tech University Medical School, graduated 1988
- Internship and Residency at University of Kentucky, completed 1992
- Specialized practice in Ob-Gyn in Dallas for 18 years, started Advanced Ob-Gyn Associaites in 2008
- Main interest is in minimally invasive and advanced gynecologic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical robotic system.
MD, Ob-Gyn Advanced Ob-Gyn Associates
Technology and the Future of Driving
Dr. Poe will discuss how transportation engineers are using technology and designing future cars and roads to create the next generation of transportation.
SpeakerChristopher Poe, Ph.D., P.E.
- Over 30 years experience in transportation engineering, including academic research and private consulting
- Licensed professional engineer in Texas
- Previously Adjunct Professor at University of Texas Arlington and Lecturer at Penn State University
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University
- M.E. and B.S. in Civil Engineering from Texas A&M University
Assistant Agency Director Texas A&M Transportation Institute